Maroon Spotty Persian Coat
25th Feb, 2005
Well, I got up at 7am and went to bed at 11.30om and it still wasn't done. I did however, get it cut out, over locked (same with the lining), sewn together, lining into coat and all the buttons on. Problem was the loops, I didn't have anything that would work. Also the coat was a bit tight across the hips. So I decided to go to bed and worry about it in the morning.
26th Feb, 2005
Another early start and I made a miniture version of the coat of someones little boy. Not lined. It only took an hour. Then my boyfriend made an excellent suggestion of using hooks and eyes as closures thus making the buttons decorative. This worked very well. I ended up finishing the coat with a couple of hours to spare. Here is the finished product.
And here is the full outfit.