Anglo-Saxon LOG Ring Pouch
3rd March, 2005
I started this last night. Wasn't trying to get it all done in one night. Worked on it for about an hour and a half. I'm using 2-ply handspun wool and a hand made bone needle. The needle is probably a bit big, but it is working quite well. I am making this one for the LOG pouch project, but I also plan on entering it into a competition at Festival. I am making this in the shape of a ring pouch. Unfortunately, I've managed to loose the documentation I had for this style. Bugger. I hope the very kind person who sent it to me the first time can send it again!
16th March, 2005
I got the natural thread I was missing and the very nice person was able to resend the article that I needed for the documentation. I finished the stars last night. So total embroidery time is about 4 hours.
So now it's just a matter of getting them sewn up. I might do that this weekend, I feel like doing some scrapbooking tonight!
30th May, 2005
As is typical of me, this project has sat on a desk for a few months after the embroidery is finished. I fiddled for about three nights before giving up on the idea of making this one into a ring pouch. A demonstration that one should do the proto-typing BEFORE construction commences. I think I have worked out how to get the fabric around the ring pouch. In order to get the fabric over the ring, as opposed to hanging underneath lashed on with cord, you need to have excess fabric and gather it around the ring. I failed to leave enough fabric around the edges of the design to do this. As such, plans to make this one into a ring pouch have been abandoned and I have just made it into a normal pouch in order to get it into the finished pile.