1st Jan, 2005
These were just a quick project to make some more largess for my Baroness. I wanted to use a nice grey blanket that I got at the op shop. I also wanted something with a vaguly Viking feel (hence the wool and style of the ship design) and something that was colourful (as a break from all the black and white of the shirt) and that didn't take long to do. They took about two hours each to make. I've done two so far and plan to make some more. I also want to make up kits so that other people can make them up. The more the merrier.
The ground of the needlecase is grey wool. I used two strands of Appelton Crewel wool for each element. The lymphad is made with yellow wool in stem stitch. The green borders are done using period stitches, herringbone and feather stitch in these ones and they are put together with red wool in blanket stitch. There are plastic inserts on each flap to help protect the needles.