This was my first attempt at Elizabethan style embroidery. The pattern and rayon threads are by Rajmahal. The two patterns were meant to be pin cushions, from a booklet/magazine called "Creative Embroidery". I don't need that many pin cushions so I made them into a needle case. There were three patterns using different palettes. I liked these two best.
The stitching on the front and back covers is done using Rajmahal "art silk" (silk/rayon blend) on dress weight cream linen. I made this before I had discovered silk thread. Having said that, I am still pleased with the way it turned out.
I also used proper metal sequins (I can't remember the proper name) which were pretty hard to track down.